Thursday, May 29, 2008

Steak Roll Ups With Blue Cheese

I stole this recipe from A Year Of Crockpotting. I altered it a bit. These are with my changes.


One tray of thin steaks ( usually about 5-6 dollars at safeway)
Soy Sauce

Red Wine ( I used merlot - barefoot- my favorite brand of wine- everything they make is fab)
6 cloves garlic chopped coarsely
Blue cheese
gouda cheese


Roll up the cheese into the beef and place in crock pot with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or so. The original recipe had 2 T Worcestershire sauce and no gouda in it. I added some various spices (3 onion ).


It was quite tasty the meat actually remained in rolls but the cheese bubbled out. I am not sure if I rolled them too tight. Next time I would add some beef broth and less of the soy/red wine mix. I served it with steamed potatoes ( butter and lemon dill sprinkled on ) and green beans both cooked in the steam bags in my microwave. I also started with a iceberg/cucumber salad with blue cheese dressing and croutons and bacon bits.

No comments: